Greetings traveler, have a seat. In this land there are many perils, this you know. What you may not know however, is that there is a new power waiting to be harnessed by a resourceful lad such as yourself. The power I speak of? Power Ore of course!
DartCraft adds one, and only one new ore to Minecraft: Power Ore. When you mine this ore you receive 2-4 “Force Gems” (fortune affects this) which can be used to create Force Ingots from which specialty tools are crafted, or even squeezed into Liquid Force which can be used in several DartCraft machines. Uses for Liquid Force range from using it to imbue your Force Tools with special upgrades and enhancements (such as vanilla Fortune or custom upgrades like Heat or Grinding), or even powering a Force Engine to generate BuildCraft energy.
Before you even find your first Power Ore, you’ll want to make yourself a Clipboard, which is DartCraft’s take on mobile crafting. The clipboard is relatively cheap to make, and you have but to select it and right-click to open up a portable crafting table of sorts.
The clipboard is unique in that it is the first portable crafting table to both keep the contents of its inventory and have useful convenience buttons that serve to decrease crafting time by leaps and bounds. If that weren't enough, if NEI is installed the player may look up crafting recipes and overlay them onto the clipboard temporarily.
Whether you’re crafting quickly and conveniently on the go, mining those precious diamonds with your newfound Fortune IV pickaxe or just enjoying a new way of making BuildCraft energy you’ll feel right at home here. Welcome to DartCraft, we've been waiting for you.
This is a complex mod, but the rewards are great and if you read everything here carefully, watch the videos and experiment with DartCraft for yourself you should pick it up in no time. The Book of Mudora which NEI can show you how to make is an in-game option for learning DartCraft as well. (Added in version 0.2.06)
Mod Integration: (This is SO Cool!)
- DartCraft crafting recipes are named "DartCrafting" to indicate they are from DartCraft.
- Force Transmutations are visible in NEI and show that they are "Force Transmutations."
- NEI plugins for Force Grinding and Force Freezing recipes have been added.
- An NEI plugin to show Force Engine Liquid tooltips to applicable ItemStacks has been added.
- If BuildCraft is installed Force Gears are made with a Stone Gear and Force Ingots, otherwise they are made with an Iron Ingot and Force Ingots.
- BuildCraft Fuel and Oil may be burned in the Force Engine.
- (Pre 1.5.1 Only) The Force Infuser has custom BuildCraft Triggers: Has Tome and Can Upgrade.
- Facades can be made from Force Bricks and Force Logs/Planks.
- Force Gears can be used as a substitute for Gold Gears to make Diamond Gears, Fillers and Quarries.
- Emerald Transport Pipes can be made from Forge “gemGreenSapphire”s, as Emeralds are quite rare.
- Force Transport Pipes can be crafted from Force Ingots and glass. These pipes have the functionality of Obsidian pipes and Golden Pipes, but are 3 times faster than Golden Transport Pipes. Force Pipes are also capable of interacting with Item Cards in useful ways.
- Ethanol may be burned in the Force Engine.
- If Forestry is installed Milk becomes a valid Force Engine Throttle, providing 25% more output than water.
- A very rare, obscure bee-related liquid is the most powerful throttle for Force Engines, doubling their output compared to water.
- Force Gems are cratable.
- Enabled oddly-broken crating recipes for Crated Nikolite and Crated Brass, thanks to the ore dictionary.
- Forestry Backpacks, by default, are not allowed inside Force Packs.
- Force Gems can be squeezed into 1.5 buckets of Liquid Force in the Squeezer.
- Force Ingots can also be made using the Carpenter, requiring Liquid Force. This process is more efficient than crafting Force Ingots by hand.
- Proven Frames may be crafted by surrounding an Impregnated Frame with Force Sticks.
- Liquid Force can be stored in Forestry Cans and Capsules.
- Milk can be stored in Forestry Cans and Capsules; DartCraft also adds the ability to right-click a Cow or Cold Cow with an empty Forestry Can or Capsule and fill it with Milk.
- Force Trees may be grown in Forestry Multifarms.
- Force Logs can be squeezed for Liquid Force. 1 Log = 1/10 bucket.
- Force Saplings can be Fermented into Biomass.
- Grafters may be used to upgrade Force Axes in the Force Infuser to function as a grafter.
- Mining Drills are upgradable to Power Drills, which are socketable.
- Diamond Drills are upgradable to Power Drills as well, but they will return the diamonds used by flinging them out into the world.
- Chainsaws are upgradable to Power Saws, which are socketable.
- Added Force Machines that run on IC2 EU and are essentially DartCraft's unique take on advanced IC2 machines.
- Added the Force Hammer, a Forge Hammer that is also a Force Consumer.
- Added electronic circuit recipe using Force Plates.
- Added macerator recipe for forge “oreTungsten” into two diamonds.
- Added Force Transmutations for bronze tools and armor.
- Energy Crystals can be crafted from forge “gemRuby” to conserve diamonds.
- Added Eggs, forestry Cans/Capsules, force Gems, Power Ore and Force Shards to the IC2 scrapbox.
- Added recipe for Mixed Metal Ingots using Force Plates in place of Bronze which yields 4 instead of 2.
- Force Gems can be created from UU-Matter.
- Filled in macerator recipes for missing colors of wool into string.
- Liquid Force may be stored in Empty Cells.
- Iron Chests may be Force Wrenched and their TileBoxes may be directly crafted into an upgraded chest. This will preserve the contents and they will be restored when they are placed back down.
- TileBoxed Crystal and Obsidian Chests may be shapelessly downgraded back into Diamond Chest TileBoxes.
- The Repair upgrade is avaliable for Force Tools using Elemental Crystal Clusters if you have mastered your Upgrade Tome.
- The Magic Meter will move slightly aside if the player is holding a Thaumcraft wand.
- Most DartCraft items have relatively appropriate ThaumCraft aspects added to them. Most notably Force Nuggets are a cheap, pure source of Magic.
- Claws and Tears are great sources of rarer aspects as well.
- Mob Chunk support for many Thaumcraft entities has been added. Have fun with your Angry Zombie spawners!
- Thaumium tools and armor may be Force Transmuted back into the amount of thaumium ingots required to craft them. This is entirely due to the prolifery of Thaumium Hoes and Axes in dungeon chests.
- The Force Mitts inherently have a greater chance of dropping Silverwood Saplings. This chance is quite significant and can be disabled in the config.
- The Lich, Hydra and Naga cannot be bottled with a Force Flask, even when low on health.
- Wing implements may be disabled in the Twilight Forest, to preserve some modicum of challenge.
- The Magic Meter will move itself down slightly if the player is holding a Spell Book from Ars Magica so that both may be seen at the same time.
- Added a Force Grinding recipe and Macerator recipe for Vinteum Ore into 2 Vinteum Dust.
Soul Shards (1 Only)
- Monsters spawned from Soul Shard spawners cannot drop Spoils Bags.
- Xychoridite of any color may also be used to create Force Ingots.