Just Another Better Barrels Attempt!
Jabba (Just Another Better Barrel Attempt) is a storage mod aiming at making a better barrel than what is already out there. It introduces one block (the barrel itself), a set of upgrades and a dolly to move things around.
Interacting with the barrel is done in a classical way. You can :
- Right-click to put a stack in a barrel.
- Left-click to drop a stack from a barrel.
- Shift+Left-click to drop one item from a barrel.
- Double right-click to put all the corresponding items from your inventory into the barrel.
- Shift+Right-click with an empty hand to lock the barrel (explained in the automation section below).
- Shift+Right-click with an upgrade will apply the upgrade to the barrel.
Automatic ore conversion
Barrels automatically convert ores/ingots/dusts from one mod into another. To do so manually, just place the metal you want to convert to into the barrel, and all future interactions with a similar metal from another mod will result into an automatic conversion.
This conversion is also done in automated systems, so you can use them in a factory setups.
Jabba barrels provide some advanced features for automatic systems.
- Input/Output from any side.
- Locking mechanism to prevent the barrel from going completly empty or accept any item at all.
- Deep storage unit compliant to interface properly with other mods like AE or LP.
The locking mechanism deserves to be explain in more details.
To lock a barrel, shift+right click with an empty hand. A small lock icon will appear at the bottom right of the barrel. When locked, a barrel will never lose the item template, even if you remove all the stacks from it.
This allows you to use the barrels in a factory without ever messing up your installation, even if you run out of items.
The same way, an empty locked barrel will never accept any item, besides what you put in manually, allowing you to keep free storage spaces for future items.
With this new amount of storage capacity, something was required to be able to move it around. That's what the dolly is for.
Using the dolly on a barrel will pick it up, and when you use it again, it will put it down, facing you. While you are carrying a barrel, you will suffer from various negative effects scaling with the size of the transported barrel.
But the dolly can do much more than that. Using the dolly, you can also move chests and put them back down with proper orientation. You can move IronChests too, BC tanks, TE machines, IC2 machines and a few more things. Everytime, the dolly will try to restore the proper orientation when you put down the block again (ie : facing you).