You have probably noticed it yourself but its never actually pitch black in minecraft. Even if you are in a cave with no torches you will still be able to see something independent of your gamma setting. This mod changes this, it removes the minimum block & sky light so if there is no light source its actually dark.
After you install this mod it will be in mode 0, there are 3 different modes and they can be changed in the config file:
0. There is no minimum block & sky light
1. There is no minimum block light
2. There is no minimum block light & the sky light is dependent on the moon phase
There are also some other options in the config file:
- "Dark Nether" : "Whether the minimum light of the nether should also be removed"
- "Dark End" : "Whether the minimum light of the end should also be removed"
- "Dark Twilight Forest" [1.7.10] : "Whether the time in the Twilight Forest should be fixed to midnight instead of dusk"
- "RemoveBlue" : "Mode 1 & 2 can cause the skylight to be considerably more blue then normal, if this option is enabled Hardcore Darkness will attempt to remove that extra blue"
- "Dimension Blacklist" : "A list of dimension ids separated by "," in which Hardcore Darkness will not take effect"